B2B Copywriting/Case Studies
Business-to-Business (B2B) is about assisting businesses to communicate to customers and would-be customers the benefits that specific products or services deliver. B2B copywriting is about providing the business buyer with the information to make an informed decision. The copywriter’s task is to explain the product or service and why it should be bought.
There are many forms of achieving this, and avoiding a ‘hard-sell’ is important. The objective is to convey accurate information and experiences. One specific form, in which C3B Consulting excels, are case studies.
Case studies are basically stories which tell how a company (or product) helped a customer. At C3B Consulting case studies usually come in one of three different forms:
- the customer telling the story in his or her own words (often the best because it is personal and personable – you feel the customers successes and even past failures)
- the story being told in the third person (usually this is to preserve anonymity)
- the story told as a description (the most common and often the least effective).
C3B Consulting has a rigorous methodology for capturing case studies. A part of this insists that the speaker has the opportunity to review any case study to make corrections or rephrase elements. Such rigor is an asset. It gives customers confidence they will not be misquoted or misrepresented. Indeed, possessing a formal methodology increases the success rate.
Some examples of case studies, written for publication, Forrester Research or Constellation Research may be found below. They represent a variety of different case study styles:
Additional Forrester case studies written by Charles Brett include:
- Global Telecom Manufacturer Uses Automated Discovery To Develop Its Enterprise Architecture
- Complex Event Processing In A Quant World
- Case Study: A European IT Services Company Applies Automated Application Discovery
- Adapting To Change In The Financial Industry Using Complex Event Processing
- CEP Delivers Big Benefits To Patients, Practitioners, Carriers, And Even Government